SimplMeter Measurement Module
SimplSwitch Load and Line Control Module
SimplHub WiFi Internet Connectivity Module
Simpl4G WiFi or 4G Internet Connectivity Module
Generating savings on electricity requires:
- An accurate method of measuring power (kW) and energy (kWh)
- A method of curbing consumption when allowed
- A clear formulation of the tariff structure
- An easy method of communications between multiple measurement nodes
- A inexpensive method of connectivity to the Internet
SimplModules is a set of components that are designed to build such systems easily and inexpensively.
SimplModules’ small size means easy installation.
Based on Simpl’s innovative networking technology, SimplModules automatically connect with each other and with the Internet as soon as they are powered up.
A simple system with one or two nodes, or larger systems with hundreds of measurement and control nodes are built by simply installing the Modules within a 150-foot radius of each other.
Using Simpl’s mesh networking technology, large systems may be assembled spanning thousands of feet in diameter in outdoor or indoor facilities.
SimplModules are rated for both indoor and outdoor use (IP67).
SimplModules are optionally installed on standard DIN rails.
SimplMeter Advanced Monitoring
SimplMeter is a real-time energy and power measurement device for electricity. It is available in single or dual-channel versions. The dual channel version is used to measure building consumption along with overall energy generation (e.g. solar) capacity of a building in real-time. It is used as a decision- making device for optimizing energy consumption and minimizing electricity expenses while at the same time presenting a real-time picture of the pattern of energy consumption and energy generation.
- One or two revenue-grade power measurement elements
- Programmable tariff structure converts kWh and kW to dollars
- Calculates demand charge savings in real-time
- 4G or Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Real-time and accumulative energy and money graphs
- Approximately 1.5″ cube
Residential installations use a pair of Rogowski coils with a window diameter of less than one inch and a coil diameter of less than 1/4″ to fit in some of the most space-restrictive main panel installations.
Three-phase commercial installations use three Rogowski coils with a window diameter of approximately 4 inches and a coil diameter of less than 1/2″. Other larger or smaller size Rogowski coils are available for special orders.
SimplSwitch: Networked Line and Load Switch
In backup power applications, SimplSwitch is used in line switch mode to disconnect from the primary power source and then safely connect to backup sources.
In residential and commercial applications where peak demand charges must be controlled, SimplSwitch manages the peak electrical power consumption of a building.
Non-essential loads are turned off and on using a variable timing algorithm which is designed to reduce peak power consumption without diminishing the usefulness and productivity of individual appliances or building systems.
Up to three loads may be managed by a SimplSwitch. However, additional SimplSwitches may be used to expand the overall capabilities of the system.
Each load is assigned a priority and a set of other critical parameters that are designed to guide the overall system in its goal of reducing the demand portion of the electricity bill.
- It uses an integrated tariff table to decide when a load should be turned off based on dollar savings.
- Up to three loads, expandable in increments of three additional loads per each additional SimplLoads installed.
- 4G or Wi-Fi Connectivity with mesh technology